Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Offer Accepted!

Well, I'm exactly five weeks away from take-off, so I figured I could start blogging!

Today I officially accepted my offer from York! It was exciting and made me feel quite British, to say I'd accepted an offer (Americans don't usually use the word 'offer' when talking about acceptance to a school). It's been quite an ordeal working with Arcadia (the organization I'm study abroad through) this semester, part of which was York's fault, part of it Arcadia's. I knew I'd been accepted five weeks ago, but I never received my official offer from York, only a notification from Arcadia. But today I created my student account, found out what departments I've been accepted to, and accepted my offer!

I'm still not sure what classes I will be taking, but I know I've been accepted by the history and archaeology departments. York is known for its archaeology, so I really would like to take a course there, especially with the hands-on, practical course options, but I'm not sure it's going to work out with the number of credits I have to take each semester. Especially considering I've been accepted to only the practical on artifact analysis in the spring term, and not the group project section in the summer term, so I'm short 20 credits for the summer. The history course options are very exciting, though, and I'm looking forward to whatever I get to take while I'm there!

I'm getting very excited (and slightly nervous), I'm leaving so soon! It's all been such a rush since I didn't find out until quite recently I was actually going (given the multiple frustrations along the way). But I have my ticket booked, and I'm starting to think about packing, which will be an ordeal.

I've also bought tickets to see Patrick Wolf in Liverpool in February. For those who don't know, he's my muse and my everything, and one of my favourite and dearest musicians. I somehow managed to nab the tickets in the very center of the very front row! Hopefully I'll have some new mates to go along with me.

I have so many plans and hopes for my trip! York is such a wonderful city, Professor Hettinger told me it was a British Siena (one of my favourite places in the world, in Italy). It's also supposed to have tons of great museums and ghost tours. I'm looking forward to checking those out! I'm also hoping to get involved with some societies on York's campus, like their KnitSoc (for knitting and crochet), History Society, and Harry Potter society. And of course I'm looking forward to traveling all over the UK, as well as Europe. I'll have a five week break between terms and I'm going to try to get to a few places in Europe for sure, like Mont St. Michel, Siena, Switzerland, and possibly Berlin!

No comments:

Post a Comment