Monday, April 14, 2014

Update!

I know I said I was back, but then I failed terribly at actually posting anything. I PROMISE (for real this time) I'm actually going to keep up with this blog for the foreseeable future because
I'M GOING TO THE UNIVERSITY OF GLASGOW!!!!!!!!
So that's very, very, very exciting.

A lot has happened since January: I went to England to do research on my Senior Independent Study, a 125 page labor of love about Peter Pan, finished it in March, turned it in, celebrated, and completed my oral defense this afternoon, and celebrated some more. I got into Glasgow, and accepted my conditional offer (conditional meaning I have to graduate from college and send them a copy of my diploma). I've found housing in Glasgow, quite by accident, really, but I'll get into that later. I was a finalist (one of four) for the St. Andrew's Society of the State of New York Scholarship to finance graduate study in Scotland, which I unfortunately didn't receive, but it was still an amazing experience.  I went to New York City for the first time for the scholarship interview, and now I have three weeks left of my senior year. Insane!

I'm so immensely excited to be attending the University of Glasgow to study Technical Art History, and I promise I'll post more soon about my research trip in January, visiting the Glasgow campus, the admissions process, funding, and finding housing. I'm here to help y'all out so if you have questions, feel free to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment