Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My room!

I thought I would upload all my pictures tonight while not much is happening! So there are new photos in London Day Four (A LOT of pictures haha) and a few in the Trip from Platform 4. I've also got some pictures of my room which I've finally finished moving into that I thought I'd share.









It's small, but it's nice. I've got plenty of storage space (almost too much)- the padded things by my bed actually open up for storage! The drawers are really shallow, though, so I can't fit too much into each one. I really like having a little medicine cabinet (you can see all the toiletries I had to carry yesterday for 2 miles on top of it haha). York provided the bedding (other than the Spiderman pillowcase obviously), and it's pretty nice, although I was warned by someone in Wooster that the sheets in England can be scratchy and they are a little bit, but not too bad!

I went to an Erasmus Society coffee meeting this afternoon and met a ton of really wonderful people! Erasmus is the exchange program for European students to universities across the EU, but they allow other visiting students and international students to join the society at York. It's really nice because they're all going through the same thing I am, having to move and adjust to another country and another academic system and figure everything out like a first year, so it's great to have friends who understand being a new international student. I met a lot of students from Finland, Switzerland, the Netherlands, and Italy, and they are all so lovely. Tomorrow a group of us are going to explore the city of York and do some shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment